St. George Homes for sale
St. George was established on January 17, 1862. It is the 13th oldest city in the state of Utah. According to the 2010 US Census the population is approximately 73,500. The elevation of St. George is approx. 2,700+ feet above sea level. St. George’s trademark is its geology, specifically the red bluffs which make up the northern part of the city with two peaks covered in lava rock in the city’s center. St. George has blossomed into a haven for people of all ages and interests looking for mild to warm weather. Amenities such as golf and resorts, including the top-rated Entrada Snow Canyon golf course and renowned destination retreats like Movara and Red Mountain Resort. Climbers can seek out numerous intriguing sandstone destinations, including Pioneer Park, Green Valley Gap and Moe’s Valley. The area is best known for it’s red rock cliffs, mild climate and many recreational opportunities.
St. George is home to a number of museums and points of interests, and many are located in the downtown historic district.
- Tuacahn Amphitheater offers incredible Broadway musicals under the rolling red hills backdrop.
- St. George Art Museum is the leading art museum which features traveling exhibits displaying culture and time.
- St. George Children’s Museum
- Dixie Convention Center is the largest venue in the city and hosts large events, concerts, and regional expos.
- Rosenbruch Wildlife Museum displays taxidermied animals in lifelike settings and offers information on worldwide wildlife.
- Historic Ancestor Square in the heart of the Historic District features the downtown Farmers’ market, fine dining and cuisine, art galleries and live entertainment.
- The St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site offers a look into the past.
- Historic St. George Live! offers tours of historic downtown and the arts taking place seasonally during the summer months.
- The Space Between Theatre Company, located at the Roene B. Difiore Center For Arts and Education, hosts plays and other theatrical pieces.
For a history lesson check out this site: http://www.utahsdixie.com/saint_george.html
Follow the City of St. George on FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/cityofstgeorge/
Wiki said what? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._George,_Utah
Check out the City of St. George https://www.sgcity.org
Things to do in St. George
Hiking, Biking, Walking, FourWheeling, Off-Roading, Camping, Broadway shows, Golf!
St. George is home to many several award-winning golf courses and features many recreation areas, as well as over 65 miles of urban trail system. Notable parks and sites include the The Red Hills Garden, The St. George Motocross, The Canyons Softball Complex, Thunder Junction All Abilities Park, The Fields at Little Valley, Pioneer Park, The Washington County Regional Park and fairgrounds is just east of the city in Hurricane. Thunder Junction All Abilities Park is a first of its kind in the western United States exclusively catering to special needs children, as well as all children. The St. George area has several recreation centers; the St. George Rec Center and the Sand Hollow Aquatics Center. The city also has several dog parks and splash pads plus urban fishing ponds and skateparks.
Dining in St. George
Who wants to eat???
Ok so I’m a FOODIE! I love good food. When I first came to St. George, I gotta be honest, I ate at home all of the time. We had limited options for good food in this town…OH! How things have changed.
If you want a list and rating of restaurants check out this excellent resource:
My fave places where you may see me incognito:
Sakura because who doesn’t love hibachi and sushi?
Viva Chicken I actually laughed at this place when they first opened, thought for sure they’d go outta biz quick…until I had the stuffed avocados with chicken…oh yes.
Pizzaria Limone I know it’s a chain but really it’s what STG loves! FRESH + HEALTHY + DELISH
Tropical Smoothie I know you’ve seen me drive-thru at least once this week.
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of the Washington County Board of REALTORS®. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. All Information Is Deemed Reliable But Is Not Guaranteed Accurate.